Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week 17

Baby Alexander is about the size of an onion, and is approximately 5 in. long and weighs close to 6 oz. Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yes & I love them!
Best moment this week: Going to see Dr. Wilson!! The sono this week was amazing! The baby is a thumb sucker! We were able to see all of the vital organs-whew-& we heard the heartbeat for the first time.
Gender: ???
Movement: I cannot feel any movement, but we know the baby is moving bc we could see it on the sono!
Food Cravings: I'm over the jalapeno thing & do not have any new cravings yet...
What I miss: Sleeping on my back, Coffee & Diet Coke...but it is totally worth it
Sleep: I am definitely looking forward to the 3 day weekend coming up... I didn't sleep much this week or weekend... I am SO exhausted!!
What I am looking forward to: SLEEP
Symptoms: I have not been sleeping well...

No comments: